In an increasingly digitalized world, remote jobs have not only garnered countless opportunities for people looking to work from home, but they have also equally create opportunities for business to save costs with outsourcing departments or projects related to their business to outsourcing companies.
It will not be an overstatement to say Business Process Outsourcing, more widely known as BPO has become a backbone of the corporate world and it is probably high time that you consider opening up your own service agency.
Scope of Outsourcing:
If you are thinking about setting up your own outsourcing agency, now is the right time given the massive scope of this industry. Here are all the departments and projects most businesses consider outsourcing.
- Digital Marketing: While companies still adhere to having a conventional marketing professional to take care of their conventional marketing needs, most companies are outsourcing digital marketing to specialized companies which provide detailed SEO, SEM, digital media buying, digital advertising and lead generations services. While they may work hand in hand providing the necessary creative for campaigns, a lot of companies completely outsource their digital marketing leaving the creative design to agencies as well.
- Customer Support: Call centers have been a booming business since the mid-nineties. Most fast food chains, banks, pharmaceuticals and FMCGs really heavily on call center services to render 24/7 customer support to their clients. A lot of first world countries even outsource their customer services to call centers located in third world countries as they are not only inexpensive but also very experienced in the field.
- Financial Services: Payroll preparation, merchant banking, financial audits etc. are also mostly outsourced to expert financial companies in order to avoid any discrepancies in the finances of the business. There’s an increasing demand of financial services across the corporate sector and a financial service agency is a good place to start.
- Courier & Logistics: No one owns their own ships or trucks for the transport of goods. With the rise of e-commerce industry, logistics and couriers have seen a massive business boom with more and more people shopping online and more businesses relying on courier and logistics companies to deliver their parcels to their clients worldwide.
Benefits of Outsourcing:
Given the huge scope of outsourcing, there are countless benefits associated with it. Some of these benefits include
- Cost Optimization: Outsourcing greatly reduces the cost of IT infrastructure as well as human resource
- Increased Efficiency: With industry experts dedicated to work on more than one client, outsourcing increases efficiency of work
- Availability: It also helps making your business available 24/7 which is particularly useful for a great customer service.
Risks of Outsourcing
The job is not completely free of risks either. Outsourcing can also have potential business risks include
- Confidentiality Breach: Not all your data and confidential figures remain so confidential when there is a third party agency involved
- Remote Communication: Remote communication can have its own issues and bugs. When you have a team sitting away from your office, it can be hard to communicate real time changes.