Being environmentally active and aware is quite important nowadays as the environment changes are impacting the existence of every living species. Your body, mind and spirit transform a healthy eco-friendly neighbourhood. There are simple steps to create changes for a healthy lifestyle, such as switching to natural body care and cleaning products or using reusable bags and water bottles.
Green home building is a practised trend nowadays. It has become a fashion symbol in itself. Builders, now take immense care to make quality home designs which are also eco-friendly in order to make sure your home is not just sustainable but also highly comfortable.
Sustainable home building offers numerous advantages such as minimal damage to natural resources including air, water and wildlife. In many homes greenhouse insulation systems make comfort and cozier living accessible, reduce your carbon footprint and minimize their impact on the environment.
Here is a small guide on how you can create environmentally friendly home.
- Location: Where you select your home to be built make a difference in itself. Avoid building west facing home this would minimize sun direct exposure and avoid building home in sensitive locations. Look for places where transportation and things are easily accessible, this would reduce travel by vehicle hence reducing pollution.
- Energy-efficient equipment: Energy efficient products are popular nowadays as these offer significant cost and energy savings. You can choose from a wide variety of energy-saving thermostats, electrical appliances and security systems, or alternatively move your entire home to solar energy.
- Proper Insulation System: heating and cooling adequate system account for estimation about energy consumption in your home. Sound insulation reduces energy consumption and brings electricity bills down. Green insulation gives on window solution by utilizing material such as denim and newspaper.
- Implement R3:Make it your habit to reduce, reuse and recycle materials. Reduce non-friendly products. Recycle aluminium, lumber, plastic can, glass. Reuse material as wooded doors and windows in your home as well as all that old furniture.
- Sustainable building material: From roof material, building material, cabinet, insulation, flooring, and garden, everything has to be environment friendly. You can use recycled plastic, tiles, glass, lumber bamboo, cork, linoleum made from natural materials. It is also best to paint your home with organic paint to reduce toxicities.
- Solar Panels: Solar technology is an emerging technology for people who want to utilize solar energy. It could be costly in beginning but has long-run benefits. The location of your house and the way you have constructed solar panels can determine how much power you can collect.
- Tank-less water heaters: Install a rainwater harvesting system while building your green home to collect rainwater from roofs and then store it in a tank. The collected water can then be used for other purposes, such as toilets and sprinkler systems. Rain barrels are one of the most common methods of rainwater harvesting being used today.